The consequences of intimate partner violence could be fatal. The majority of victims says that they didn't have enough strength to react when experiencing violence therefore they hoped someone else would call the police or help in some other way. It is important that you don't wait for other bystanders or witnesses to react. Speak out and react to the violence you see. You might be the first person to provide protection for the victim by reacting.
- Shout: “Stop immediately or I'll call the police.”
- Call the police on 113 or security if it's present.
- Don't interfere, because you could put yourself in danger.
- Stay nearby until the police arrives.
- When situation normalizes, check if there's anything else that victim needs.
- Take care of yourself. Talk to a person that you trust and find a way to relax.